The City of New Haven, first called Pottinger’s Landing, was founded in 1820. Harrod’s Company established a station on Pottinger’s Creek in 1781 and one its members, Colonel Samuel Pottinger envisioned the area becoming an important shipping point for products bound for New Orleans via the Rolling Fork River, Salt River, Ohio River and the Mississippi River. A large flat boat landing and warehouses were built near the Rolling Fork River. The city was incorporated in 1839.
New Haven is located in southern Nelson County, 14 miles south of Bardstown and 12 miles north of Hodgenville. Population base on 2010 census was 855. For more information on the area, visit