Veterans Monument

Veterans Monument View

In 1982 the New Haven Jaycees Local Chapter President Don Cecil, along with the City Clerk, Tessie Cecil presented an idea to the New Haven Board of Commissioners. The Jaycees’ plan was to honor United States Military Personnel from the area in and around New Haven, who have served and died for our freedom.

After the City Commission received the proposed plan and projected budget, the project was approved for construction. Total projected cost was $2500.

The Veterans’ Monument was a community project involving the following businesses and individuals along with members of the New Haven Jaycees: Joseph L. (Sonny) Greenwell, Joe Paul and Carolyn Brady, Tommy Riggs, Sam and Mary Ann Anzelmo (engineers), B & J. Services, Mark Johnson, Campbellsville Monument and the City of New Haven.

All labor and material was donated, along with the site for the monument. On November 11, 1993 at 11:00 A.M. a brick Veterans Monument was unveiled during the First Annual Veterans’ Day Celebration. This event is held annually to honor all area veterans. The project is made possible in part by financial support from the Abbey of Gethsemani Community Development Grant and other donations.



New Haven City Hall
302 Center Street
New Haven, KY 40051
Office: 502-549-3177
Fax: 502-549-1002

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 98
New Haven, KY 40051