Welcome

Home of the Kentucky Railway Muesum

Welcome

Mayor Tessie CecilThe City of New Haven, first called Pottinger’s Landing, was founded in 1820.

Harrod’s Company established a railroad station on Pottinger’s Creek in 1781 and one its members, Colonel Samuel Pottinger envisioned the area becoming an important shipping point for products bound for New Orleans via the Rolling Fork River, Salt River, Ohio River and the Mississippi River.
- Mayor Tessie Cecil